Here is another copycat recipe that I will be also including in the copycat club
Starbucks Maple Oat Nut Scone Makes 8 | adapted from Food.com and Top Secret Recipes
1 cup rolled oats 1 1/2 cups flour 3 tablespoons sugar 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 tablespoon baking powder 2 tablespoons maple syrup 2 1/2 tablespoons cold butter, cubed 1 large egg 1/2 cup half-and-half or heavy cream 3/4 teaspoon maple extract 2/3 cup coarsely chopped pecans
Maple Glaze 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar 1/2 teaspoon maple extract 5 teaspoons water
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Finely grind oats in a food processor.
3. In a mixer, mix flour, ground oats, sugar, salt and baking powder. Add maple syrup and butter and mix well. In a small bowl, beat the egg with the cream and maple extract. Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and mix well. Add pecans and mix just to incorporate.
4. Place dough on a floured surface. Knead and pat dough into a 8-10″ circle and cut into 8 wedges. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 13 to 15 minutes, or until light brown. Cool on wire rack.
5. Mix glaze ingredients until smooth. Adjust the amount of water to get to the desired consistency. Spread over each scone and let set for about 15 minutes before serving.